Sofabeds have evolved significantly from the flimsy-looking contraption that used to put you off staying at your friend’s house because you would wake up with crippling backache and a metal spring indentation in your shoulder blades.
Today’s sofabeds are comfortable and robust and we like them because they are multi-functional. We need our furniture to be dual-purpose now, just like we don’t have time for a phone or any other gadget that only does one thing; that is so 20th century. But while we can swiftly shout out ‘space-saving’ when listing the benefits of sofabeds; what else is there? Yes, a sofabed will allow you to keep a room as it is for 95% of the time, where you have limited space, but what are the other benefits?
Here we list the 7 benefits of sofabeds that you probably didn’t think of…
- Great for entertaining: No, we don’t mean you can all dance on the sofa or eat your dinner off it, we just mean you can invite guests round for the evening and they can sleep over and not worry about driving or paying for a taxi. And the great comfort to be derived from our sofabed range means they will want to come back again and again.
- Adaptable to your needs: Just like any other sofa, you can choose a sofabed that is suitable to what you need or what space you have available. You can change a chaise sofa into a double sofabed, and it’s the same with a two-seater sofa, a three-seater sofa or a corner sofa. But you can also turn a 3 x 2 sofa into a single bed, if that’s what you want.
- Moveable: A normal sofa tends to be purchased for and restricted to one room, and it is rare for us to move it, but a functional two-seater sofabed can be moved to different rooms if we decide to change the purpose of a room or the layout of the house, by creating another bedroom, a kids playroom or a home study.
- Changing the layout: We all get that creative urge every now and again, and we all grow a bit tired of a room’s layout from time to time, so a small two-seater sofabed allows you to change the layout of a room quite easily, and also allows you to move it when redecorating.
- Durable: Gone are the days when a sofabed was a few planks of wood knocked together as a bit of an afterthought; today sofabeds are built as a dual-purpose item to serve two practical functions, and so they are built to last and to withstand repeated opening and closing and being moved around a room.
- A better night’s sleep: Obviously sleep benefits your health and wellbeing, but if you want people to actually visit and stay over at your house then you need to provide a comfortable sleeping option. The sofabed is a far superior alternative to the inflatable mattress, a camp bed or a regular sofa that wasn’t designed for sleeping on.
- Quick and easy to set up: You don’t have to search under the stairs for the foot pump, or curse the tiny air leak that makes the inflatable mattress slowly deflate overnight; a sofabed can be set-up and ready to sleep on in no more than a minute, and likewise, your room is back to normal and tidy just as quickly the next morning.
So take a browse through our range of Nabru sofabeds, with a vast choice of fabrics and designs to suit your room and how you want it to look. And you won’t even need to run it past your friends and family just because they’ll be sleeping on it – we guarantee they will love it whatever you choose!